Traders may follow these few steps to open an AvaTrade account:
- Navigate to the AvaTrade website and click on the ‘Register’ banner on the homepage.
- You will be redirected to an online form that requires you to either register by using your Facebook or Google credentials, or to complete the form with your first and last name, email and mobile number. You must also select the AvaTrade entity with which you want to trade.
- After selecting ‘Create Account’, you will be redirected to an online application that must be completed.
- Provide your date of birth, residential address, a private password, your choice of trading platform and account currency before proceeding to the next step.
- After your information has been captured, the account must be verified. This is done through a process known as ‘know your client’ (KYC) that forms a part of anti-money laundering policies most brokers have.
- To verify the account and complete this procedure, you must submit proof of identity (government-issued ID such as a passport, ID card or driver’s licence) and proof of your residential address (a utility bill such as electricity, water or landline, for instance).
- Once this has been uploaded in the fields provided, the application will be submitted to Customer Support where it will be reviewed and the validity of the documents checked.
- Once the application has been reviewed and approved, you will be notified and may then begin to use your trading account by depositing the required minimum of $100.
When making the initial deposit, traders should take note that third-party payments are not
permitted. The name on the account or bank card used must be the same as the name that
the trader used when registering a live account.